Preparation for Detox Body Wraps
Nervous about your first body wrap or infrared sauna therapy experience at Refresh Wellness? Don’t be! Read on for some easy tips on preparation for detox body wraps to make sure you have an optimal healing experience.
Preparation for detox body wraps:
- Plan on 90 minutes for your first wrap
- The entire body will be wrapped from head to toe so your hair will get a little wet. Shower caps are available if desired
- Have dry undergarments to wear afterwards
- Do not wear body lotion or oil the day of the wrap. Exfoliating or dry brushing is recommended before, but not necessary
- Drink water so you are not dehydrated. However, please be aware that you will not be able to use the restroom for 60 minutes once you are in the wrap
- Women wear underwear and can choose to wear a bra. If wearing a bra, a comfortable, cotton sports bra is recommended.
- Men wear underwear or swim trunks
- Make sure to drink plenty of water for the next couple days to continue to flush toxins out of your system.
- Most people feel very relaxed and refreshed after a wrap, but few experience mild detox symptoms. If this is the case, drink extra water and allow your body to rest. It may be beneficial to add in a few infrared sauna sessions before scheduling your next wrap.
Your body will be clean after the wrap as the sweat and toxins get absorbed into the wraps so there is no need to shower immediately after. In fact, we recommend waiting at least a day to shower to allow the mineral solution to stay on the skin and continue working, though this is not necessary.
Preparation and after care for infrared sauna therapy:
- Sessions start at 30 minutes and gradually work up to 45 minutes max.
- Do not wear body lotion or oil before coming in for the sauna so that your pores are not blocked. You can even exfoliate or dry brush the skin to further open the pores before your session, though this is not necessary
- Be prepared to sweat! We provide several towels, a cold, wet wash cloth and water based wipes for your session. You will have your own private area so you can feel comfortable taking your sauna without any clothes or wrapped in a towel.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water before and after your session to stay hydrated. You can even add a pinch of sea salt for added electrolytes and better absorption.